Monday, August 25, 2014

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green


'Katherine V thought boys were gross.
Katherine X just wanted to be friends.
Katherine XVIII dumped him through an email.
K-19 broke his heart.'

When it comes to dating girls, Colin has a very peculiar taste. He likes girls named Katherine. Yet they don't always seem to exactly like him back. After all, he has been dumped... Nineteen times, to be exact...

Let's put this in the clear. John. Green. Is. Amazing. I cannot stress that enough. Honestly, biggest respects to him, I love all his books, from The Fault in Our Stars to Looking For Alaska, I am honestly such a big fan of him. Besides, his and his brother's Crashcourse have helped me on tests countless numbers of times... I am proud to say that I have read every single book he's written (that I know of). Forget Stephenie Meyer. John Green keeps me entertained as well as keeps me on top of my tests for science and history. Can't get much better than that!

In An Abundance of Katherines, John Green once again unleashes his witty humor and his talent with anagrams (such like Word Nerd) as well as his ability to weave out a funny, challengingly complex and unpredictable story.

Colin is no ordinary guy. He's an 'anagram happy, washed up' prodigy. As you read through the book, you will take a look into his highly intriguing mind, and stick with his as he pursues his mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability. That is, the theorem which Colin hopes will protect the future of relationships everywhere and avenge Dumpees, all the while finally winning him the girl. Ridiculous, yes, but that's only half the fun. Welcome to the world of Colin, his fat friend, Hassan (he is very entertaining, by the way), and snarky Lindsey. 

I recommend this to every teen, especially anyone who enjoys a bit of math humour. However, I don't recommend this to kids as it does have some coarse language (mostly from Hassan and Lindsey... Dingleberries?) This book will have you face-palming and laughing in exasperation before you know it.

***I give this book a 9.89 out of 10!***

No comments:

Post a Comment